Pediatrician Fort Smith, AR
Our office staff works hard to ensure patient comfort and convenience. To help you better understand our office operations, we have included the information you need about our hours, locations, appointments, insurance acceptance and billing below.
7303 Rogers Avenue, Suite 201
Fort Smith, AR 72903
|Monday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
We value the time we have set aside to see and treat your child. We do not double book appointments. If you are not able to keep an appointment, we would appreciate 24-hour notice. There is a charge for missed appointments.
If you are late for your appointment (>15 minutes), we will do our best to accommodate you. However, on certain days it may be necessary to reschedule your appointment.
We strive to minimize any wait time; however, emergencies do occur and will take priority over a scheduled visit. We appreciate your understanding.
Before making a well child check-up appointment, check with your insurance company as to whether the visit will be covered as a healthy (well-child) visit. Also make sure that any vaccines your child will need are covered by your insurance plan. If your child’s vaccines are not covered by insurance, we ask that you get your child’s vaccinated at the Health Department.
Insurance and Billing
It is your responsibility to keep us updated with your correct insurance information. If the insurance company you designate is incorrect, you will be responsible for payment of the visit and to submit the charges to the correct plan for reimbursement.
If we are your primary care physician, make sure our name or phone number appears on your card. If your insurance company has not yet been informed that we are your primary care physician, you may be financially responsible for your current visit.
It is your responsibility to understand your benefit plan with regard to, for instance, covered services and participating laboratories. For example:
- Not all plans cover annual healthy (well) physicals, sports physicals, or hearing and vision screenings. If these are not covered, you will be responsible for payment.
- For children younger than 2 years, there is a limit as to the number of allowable well visits per year. If the number of visits is exceeded, your insurance company will not pay; you will be responsible for payment.
It is your responsibility to know if a written referral or authorization is required to see specialists, whether preauthorization is required prior to a procedure, and what services are covered.
- Advance notice is needed for all non-emergent referrals, typically 3 to 5 business days.
- It is your responsibility to know if a selected specialist participates in your plan.
- Remember, we must approve referrals before they are issued.
- According to your insurance plan, you are responsible for any and all co-payments, deductibles, and coinsurances.
- Co-payments are due at the time of service. A $XX service fee will be charged in addition to your co-payment if the co-payment is not paid by the end of that business day.
- Self-pay patients are expected to pay for services in FULL at the time of the visit.
- If we do not participate in your insurance plan, payment in full is expected from you at the time of your visit. We will supply you with an invoice that you can submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
- Patient balances are billed immediately on receipt of your insurance plan’s explanation of benefits. Your remittance is due within 10 business days of your receipt of your bill.
- If previous arrangements have not been made with our finance office, any account balance outstanding longer than 28 days will be charged a $10 re-bill fee for each 28-day cycle. Any balance outstanding longer than 90 days will be forwarded to a collection agency.
- For scheduled appointments, prior balances must be paid prior to the visit.
- If you participate with a high-deductible health plan, we require a copy of the health savings account debit or credit card, or a copy of a personal credit card to remain on file.
- We accept cash, checks, Visa, and MasterCard credit and debit.
- A $XX fee will be charged for any checks returned for insufficient funds.
- There is no charge for a blue-and-yellow form given at the time of your child’s visit. This is considered part of the visit. However, should you lose your forms, there will be a $X charge ($X for one form) to replace them.
- Any additional school, camp, or sports forms are subject to a $X-per-form fee. Family and Medical Leave Act forms are $XX. Payment is due when the forms are dropped off. We require 3-day turnaround time.
Transfer of Records
- If you transfer to another physician, we will provide a copy of your immunization record and your last visit to your physician, free of charge, as a courtesy to you. We need 48 hours’ notice.
- A copy of your complete record is available for a $X-per-page fee.
- We provide records of your child for visits (including consultations from specialists) rendered here at Village Pediatrics only. For any previous records, you must request them directly from your previous doctor(s).
- For monthly medication refills, we require 48 hours’ notice, during regular business hours. Please plan accordingly.